Monday, August 25, 2008

¡Somos en Ecuador!

Hola! Im in Ecuador! before leaving for ecuador, we first had an orientation with all the exchange students going to Central America and Ecuador. Then I left on a flight to ecuador with 15 other students. We landed in Quito, Ecuador at around 12 am and drove up to a sort of camp where we stayed in cabins. The next day we played games and everyone (there were about 60 students from all over the world, mostly Europe and one from Japan) introduced their home countries. the day after that, at 6 in teh morning, we flew out top our host towns. There are 7 AFS students in Piñas. We all took a very small plane out to Machala, where we were picked up by our host families. I was picked up by my host mom and my coodinator (they are best friends). my host mother is very nice. she is patient too, which is good for speaking to her, since I don´t speak much Spanish. there is a girl, Kristen, from Germany living with my coodinator for the moment until she gets her host family. we´re hanging out together which my mother, Piedad, is at work. Piñas is very interesting and beautiful, it is tucked nint eh middle of mountains, you can see it on the picture at the top of my blog. we start school on september 1st. I´m exited!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Hurray...you are finally there! We miss you sweetie, and love to hear about your adventures. Take it all in, and have the time of your life. Mom xxooxx

Davidtor3 said...

THAT CITY LOOKS SO AWESOME!!!!!

Unknown said...

Sarah! Pinas looks wonderful! I hope you have the greatest time and tell me all about it!
<3 Jenny

Anonymous said...

AHHHH SARAH i miss you, and was at stupid camp so i couldn't go and say bye bye. I am so HAPPY that you wrote in your blog, I have been checking daily. I know, I'm obsessed. I miss you SOOOO much, and cant wait for you to get back, and tell me ALL about your travels!!

--CATHLIN!

Amazon Woman said...

Yay for fun and learning! I hope you have fun out there!!

Dorothy and Laurie said...

Hey, Sarah! We expected to see you on Sat. nite at the block party! Instead - we had lots of fun talking about you :-]

Boy, do we miss you - but are sooooooo excited for you to have this incredible experience. We hope your first day of school went well. Knowing you - it did.

We've been checking your blog daily. It took us until now to figure out how to register for it (so we could reply). Big surprise, huh? ;-]

Take care and have fun!

Dorothy and Laurie